Subject: disklabels.
To: None <port-hp300@sun-lamp.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
From: Herb Peyerl <Herb.Peyerl@sidney.novatel.ca>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/10/1994 17:26:49
Just a note to anyone who might be building -current on their hp300.

Make sure you put "options OLD_DISKLABEL" into your config file
and then rebuild your kernel from scratch.

This is because <machine/param.h> contains the new disklabel location
and you will find yourself unhappy if you try to boot off a kernel
with the new disklabel location with your old bootblocks.

I'm still playing with this; and no I don't need to hear "oh good going
Herb"...

hpeyerl@novatel.ca                           |  NovAtel Commnications Ltd.
hpeyerl@fsa.ca                               | <nothing I say matters anyway>
   strcmp(3): When you want to just relax and cruise down memory lane.