Subject: Re: hil ioctl's
To: None <carrel@cisco.com, mike@cs.utah.edu, port-hp300@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Theo Deraadt <deraadt@fsa.ca>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/09/1994 16:42:26
> The main difference between the 4.3/4.4 version and the netbsd version
> (w.r.t. hilread) is probably the "clist" interface (q_to_b, b_to_q).

bingo! that's exactly what i guessed yesterday. i've passed herb
some code that does the clalloc()'s and clfree()'s needed.

netbsd doesn't have real clists -- they are ring buffers. they
have the same clist interface "we all know and love", but the
ring buffer has to be allocated at the start. allocating of
the ring buffer is normally done in an XXopen() routine.. closing
in XXclose()..

> Re: the shared queue interface, I may have never implemented it in 4.4
> since it wasn't used.

that code appears broken. i don't think hilopen() wants to reset the
device on 2nd and subsequent opens of the device.