Subject: hil ioctl's
To: None <port-hp300@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: David Carrel <carrel@cisco.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/08/1994 23:42:12
Does anyone know why all the ioctl routines in the hil driver code that
deal with shared memory queues simply return EINVAL??  Take a look at
/sys/arch/hp300/dev/hil.c in hilqalloc().  It is one line:
	return(EINVAL);

I am having trouble with the HPUX-read interface and I thought I'd try the
shared-memory-queue interface just for grins.  Turns out that even though
it is documented as the "better" way to do HIL I/O, it doesn't exist yet.
Is this being worked on??  Guess I'm going back to debugging the HPUX-read
interface.

Since I am having no luck getting any data out of an hil device, does
anyone know of any programs that use hil devices???  Actually I am more
concerned with read()'s from the HIL devices, and not so concerned with
write()'s but I'd like to know about either.

I don't want to sound like I'm bitching,
	but it's late and ... grumble grumble  ;-)

Dave