Subject: Re: X for hp300?
To: None <carrel@cisco.com, hpeyerl@bock.fhf.novatel.ca>
From: Mike Hibler <mike@cs.utah.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/04/1994 10:05:37
> To: hpeyerl@bock.fhf.novatel.ca (Herb Peyerl)
> Subject: Re: X for hp300?
> Date: Sun, 03 Apr 1994 15:44:59 -0700
> From: David Carrel <carrel@cisco.com>
>
> I have a good deal of the server code running.  (Many thanks to the folks
> who did the 4.4 port.)  However I don't have input working.  I get
> wonderful graphics (speeds not too bad) but I can't type or use the mouse.
>
> Bummer.

Redirect the output from starting up X to a file (if you haven't already).
There may be some error messages you don't see because the terminal emulator
(ite) is deactivated as soon as the frame buffer device is opened.

As for speed, as I recall text drawing was a little slow (I've gotten used
to it now so I can't say for sure).  Mark knew what was wrong but didn't have
time to fix it.  Maybe he can elaborate.

> Does anyone know where the sources to "hilinfo" can be found??  MAKEDEV
> looks for this and I thought it would be useful for me to see how it looks
> at the hil devices.

Oops!  Thats a Utah thing that wound up in the MAKEDEV file.  You can pick
it up from jaguar.cs.utah.edu in ~ftp/pub/hilinfo.c.

Mike