Subject: Greetings and a first question!
To: None <>
From: Cameron Blackwood <>
List: port-hp300
Date: 03/23/1994 14:44:12

  Well I have a HP300, a need to run BSD and an interst in operating
systems, so I guess this is a good list to be on.  I have scanned the
FAQs and docs on NetBSD, but I cant seem to find anything specific for
the HP300.

  First step, I suppose, is to get BSD running on my machine.  Is there
a boot image as with the PC version, or does one simply (ha :-) get
berkeley make, make the kernel and place in one of the magic kernel
slots so the ROM picks it up on boot.

I have: HP300 ('20) 8M, 4 * 55M hpib drives, HPUX 7.x, monitor, qic tape.

  Also the "info port-hp300" entry is a bit small.  Maybe it would be
good to place the address of the archive, if any, in that slot.

 Rev Dr Cameron  Blackwood      Digital Technology, Monash University of Oz.  GCS d(?) -p+(---) c++(++++) l u++ e++ m+
A lethal dose to anyone within 10 yards, get it while its hot!
                                       -Darius Jedburgh. Edge of Darkness.