Port-evbmips archive

Re: mips64 and GCC 5

Hello,

On Thu, 6 Oct 2016 10:49:21 -0500 (CDT)
"John D. Baker" <jdbaker%mylinuxisp.com@localhost> wrote:

> Things still needing attention:
>
> The changes to ext2fs have made it unstable.  It mostly works, but is
> likely to corrupt the filesystem.  I don't know if this is cross-platform
> or is only manifesting on mips64(el) as I don't have any other machines
> using ext2fs.  This is not related to GCC 5.

I've seen that too - gdium's PMON loads the kernel from an 2xt2fs partition.
Mine got corrupted somehow so I newfs-ed it, put the kernel in, fiddled
with it until PMON was happy, booted from it -> kernel complains about
an invalid superblock, fsck says it can't fix it, yet PMON still boots
from it.
I'm not using ext2fs on other hardware so I don't know if it's
MIPS-specific, I kinda doubt it though.

have fun
Michael