Port-evbmips archive

ext2fs problems (was: 'ftp' on evbmips (mips64el) can't fetch pkgsrc distfiles)

I just got a similar error during a 'cvs update' of my pkgsrc tree:

[...]
P lang/rust/patches/patch-src_etc_local__stage0.sh
P mail/Makefile
cvs [update aborted]: cannot open .new.Makefile: Is a directory

My pkgsrc tree and WRKSRC directory, etc. reside on an ext2fs filesystem
that is shared with the penguin-OS (gNewSense 3) installation.  I've
been having trouble with this since getting this LOONGSON-based machine
booting again.

Performing 'git pull -r' on the "pkgsrc/wip" directory complains about:

$ git pull -r
remote: Counting objects: 23, done.
Unpacking objects: 100% (23/23), done.
From git://wip.pkgsrc.org/pkgsrc-wip
   296269e..e349597  master     -> origin/master
First, rewinding head to replay your work on top of it...
error: The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten by checkout:
        gcc7snapshot/DESCR
        gcc7snapshot/Makefile
        gcc7snapshot/distinfo
Please move or remove them before you switch branches.
Aborting
could not detach HEAD

The reported subdirectory does not appear to have been created.

Performing 'rm -rf some/dir' leaves some subordinate directories without
their "." entries, but doesn't delete the directory itself.  Other
file/directory entries are reported as having a deleted/unused inode by
a subsequent 'fsck' under penguin-OS.

As such, it would appear that "ext2fs" is misbehaving, at least on
evbmips-mips64el.

Can anyone else duplicate these observations?