Port-evbmips archive

Re: Ubiquity EdgeRouter and 100% system

The system is completely unresponsive, so I have no idea what to try next. I tried killing master, cron and qmgr from within top, but it's stuck with the kill prompt and has stopped updating. Has anyone else spent much time using an EdgeRouter with NetBSD?

I've done some more testing. If WAPBL isn't used, the system untargzips all the sets just fine and so far has cvs'd pkgsrc and is compiling some packages. Is this a WAPBL issue?

While still running with WAPBL, I looked at vmstat -e as recommended by Matt. The rates were not unexpected except for USB, which was a bit nuts:

cpu0 usb                                   22072764    86221 intr

On one hand a slow USB implementation isn't a big deal - we get these boxes for their ethernet - but no matter how much overhead USB takes, the machine shouldn't lock up.

Thoughts?

John