Port-evbmips archive

wsfonts that don't work w/LOONGSON (Lemote YeeLoong)

I wanted to use the recently-added "glass10x19" and/or "glass10x25" VT220-
like fonts in my custom LOONGSON-based kernel, but the wsfont subsystem
ignores them and falls back to one of the other fonts in the stock
LOONGSON kernel "gallant12x22" or "bold8x16".

If I disable the stock fonts, and leave only my added fonts, then the
kernel hangs, sometimes printing a message (in the PMON font) claiming
the font table is empty.

This got me curious about the other fonts listed in
"sys/dev/wsfont/files.wsfont".  Below are the ones which are ignored if
defined:

  FONT_GLASS10x19
  FONT_GLASS10x25
  FONT_DEJAVU_SANS_MONO12x22
  FONT_DROID_SANS_MONO12x22
  FONT_DROID_SANS_MONO9x18
  FONT_DROID_SANS_MONO19x36

The rest provide a working console, although FONT_LUCIDA16x29 and
FONT_SONY12x24 are a bit too large for a comfortably-sized terminal
on a 1024x600 display panel.

Are there any clues as to why the above-listed fonts are ignored on
evbmips/LOONGSON?  I know FONT_GLASS10x19 works on macppc and i386.