Port-evbmips archive

Re: Crosscompiling NetBSD for Fonera not working with HEAD?

On May 16, 2009, at 9:42 PM, Arnaud Lacombe wrote:
Hi David,

Yes, this fix the kernel build. This change need also to be made in a
couple or others files/headers (cf patch attached). I don't think any
of these files include `ah_soc.h' for HAL related purpose, cf the XXX
comment found in one of them:

Yes, that did the trick.

While at the topic of Fon, I not sure which way is the best to flash it, and what forthcoming problems I might run into. The most reasonable guide/up-to-date I found was the one for the MERAKI mini.

http://www.cuwin.net/manual/howto/meraki

I guess that this one would work with Fon as well (as you (David) mentioned earlier, they are very similar).

There is a comment in the end of this wiki article (http://www.cuwin.net/manual/howto/meraki#comment-91 ) which mention questions about the root filesystem. I also thought about while analyzing the currently installed Fon image via the home- built serial cable. Openwrt uses JFFS2, but that doesn't seem to be supported by NetBSD (AFAIK). How did you do (with installing the userland) on the MERAKI mini?

Re,
/P