Port-evbmips archive

Re: netbsd-MALTA on qemu

2008/1/29, Simon Burge <simonb%netbsd.org@localhost>:

> Does the real Malta 24K have a different system controller (an
> Algorithmics Bonito from memory?).  Or am I confusing that with a 20K
> core?  What does QEMU do here?

Malta board may be equipped with various "core cards". The "core card"
contains a CPU (chip or FPGA core) and system controller (real chip or FPGA):

http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/Malta

Qemu emulates CoreLV card only. Real CoreLV consist of Texas Instrument 4Kc
MIPS chip and Galileo GT64120 system controller chip

http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/Qemu

Unlike the real CoreLV Qemu emulates 24K CPU by default.

The current firmware for Qemu/Malta is very primitive and does
not perform PCI enumeration.