Subject: YAMON install
To: None <port-evbmips@NetBSD.org>
From: bates <muzalol@bigpond.net.au>
List: port-evbmips
Date: 10/06/2006 07:29:53
I've attempted to install NetBSD onto a MIPS Malta 4Kc board. Using
the YAMON ROM monitor I've loaded "netbsd.srec-ALTA" via a tftp
server. However, when I type "go" at the YAMON prompt I eventually
end up with some of the following messages:

wd0: no disk label
vfs_mountroot: can't open root device
cannot mount root, error = 6

There is no reference to partition "wd0" when I prompt for disk
information only "hda" references. there appears to be some
discrepancy between the disk partitions NetBSD expects and what YAMON
says exists. The LED on the board displays "NetBSD" so it appears to
be trying to do an installation.

I'm using the evbmips-mipsel 3.0.1 download.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Laurence