Subject: Re: updates to evbmips, new common mips3 code
To: None <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-evbmips
Date: 09/04/2006 01:14:47
garrett_damore@tadpole.com wrote:

> I've moved a significant amount of the clock interrupt and related
> functionality from evbmips to a common file, arch/mips/mips/mips3_clock.c
>
> This means that ports which want to use the CP0 counter register for
> their system clock can just use this, and remove a lot of MD code for
> it.  Look at evbmips for an example.  Of particular note, you might want
> to look at the before/after for evbmips/evbmips/interrupt.c, because
> that shows how to rip out the clock interrupt handler and replace with a
> call to mips3_clockintr().

Could you please rename cpu_initclocks(), setstatclockrate(), and
delay() in mips3_clock.c to names with mips3 (or something) prefixed?
Some mips ports require some MD stuff in these functions, or
they might use function pointers to switch these functions
(especiall for ports which share code with MIPS1 and MIPS3 models).

Ports which don't require such MD tweak can just have macros like:
#define delay(x) mips3_delay(x)
in <machine/param.h> etc.
---
Izumi Tsutsui