Subject: evbmips and MIPS3 timecounters committed
To: None <kardel@netbsd.org>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: port-evbmips
Date: 09/01/2006 19:13:12
Frank,

I've committed evbmips support for timecounters using
mips3_cp0_counter.  It was fairly trivial.  It _looks_ good so far, but
if you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

I'm CC'ing the evbmips crowd on this, and the port-mips crowd, because
they might want to borrow the logic.  It is pretty much the same way on
any MIPS3 class cpu.

I've only tested AR5312, but it was done in evbmips common code, so I
expect it will just work everwhere.

Btw, I looked at kern_clock.c -- it will be really, really nice to
eliminate the legacy support once we get the other ports committed.

Sample output:

nano# sysctl -a  | grep timecount
kern.timecounter.choice = mips_cp0(q=0, f=110000000 Hz)
clockinterrupt(q=0, f=100 Hz) dummy(q=-1000000, f=1000000 Hz)
kern.timecounter.hardware = mips_cp0
kern.timecounter.timestepwarnings = 0

    - Garrett

General Dynamics C4 Systems