Subject: initial import of AR5312 support
To: None <port-evbmips@NetBSD.org,>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: port-evbmips
Date: 03/21/2006 00:20:49
You may notice that the evbmips port now includes support for the
Atheros AR5312 wifi "SoC".  This MIPS part is found in commodity gear
from Netgear, Senao, and Netgate, among others.

At the moment, only ethernet and serial ports are supported, but I hope
to be adding support for the on-chip WLAN devices soon, as well as
support for accessing the flash devices.

This project is a joint effort between myself and The Champaign-Urbana
Community Wireless Network.

Additionally special thanks go Jared McNeill, who has been involved in
testing as we try to expand the port to support the AR2315 and 2316
devices.  (The support isn't there yet, but Jared is proving *most*
persistent.)

General Dynamics C4 Systems
http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/
Phone: 951 325-2134  Fax: 951 325-2191