Subject: Re: RTC todr for mips/alchemy
To: Shigeyuki Fukushima <shige@NetBSD.org>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: port-evbmips
Date: 03/06/2006 12:45:54
Shigeyuki Fukushima wrote:
> Hi,
>
> OMS-AL400 has a I2C RTC chip (which is connected PSC0 SMBus).
> Now I have committed a driver for this one.
>
> Then, I want to configure OMS-AL400 kernel, but can't build.
> Therefore, there is no code implemented todr*
> (todr_attach/inittodr/resettodr) functions
> under mips/alchemy source tree.
>
> IMHO, we can use sys/arch/powerpc/ibm4xx/dev/rtc.c as is.
> (Perhaps this should be used on all platform.)
>
> Just copy it to sys/arch/mips/alchemy/dev/rtc.c?

No, please.

Take a look at sys/arch/evbmips/clock.c

There is also sys/arch/mips/alchemy/aurtc.c

You should probably create a custom evbmips/omsal400 directory and stick
your RTC driver there.  You should probably model it after the aurrtc code.

In your kernel config, you must *only* have one of aurrtc or your rtc.
multiple devices trying to clockattach() will panic.

General Dynamics C4 Systems
http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/
Phone: 951 325-2134  Fax: 951 325-2191