Subject: Re: RFC: Alchemy Au1550 SMBus driver on PSC
To: None <shige@NetBSD.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-evbmips
Date: 03/04/2006 02:00:46
In article <44086142.4030400@netbsd.org>
shige@NetBSD.org wrote:

> (for example, when we can only one (fixed) protocol on a psc device),
> we need to reconsider a concept of implementing this driver,
> and to detect kernel configuration errors.

If we can assume all boards have static configuration on each PSC
and we don't have to switch protocols at runtime, we can put info
how each PSC is configured on the hardware via device properties
in board specific init functions, and au*_match function can check
the values.

Or, if we can assume the firmware configures each PSC properly,
we can read current settings from the PSC register in match function.
---
Izumi Tsutsui