Subject: added GPIO support...
To: None <port-evbmips@NetBSD.org>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: port-evbmips
Date: 02/12/2006 13:09:16
I've added initial GPIO support for Alchemy parts.  It supports both
GPIO and GPIO2 (on parts that have GPIO2).  Right now all I've done is
Au1550, but I'll add Au1500 shortly.

/dev/gioX bits can be manipulated with gpioctl(8)

Also, for my own use in some other driver subsystems, I've left some
functions "exposed" for other use (e.g. PCI framework could use this to
reset the bus, etc.)

The DBAU1550 config file has the driver enabled, and I've been able to
use it to read switch settings (S6, S7) and manipulate LEDs.

Only Au1XXX on-chip GPIOs are supported -- GPIOs that are part of the
CPLD (board design) are not supported by the augpio driver.

Note also that some of the GPIOs (most of them) are used for various
other purposes in these board designs, and you can do evil things to
your kernel by tweaking some of these bits.  I don't recommend you use
the gpioctl framework without looking at the tasking of them, which is
typically published by the board designer  -- e.g. DBAU1550 boards have
a Cabernet_GPIOs.PDF document in the development kit.

General Dynamics C4 Systems
http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/
Phone: 951 325-2134  Fax: 951 325-2191