Subject: Re: mips compiler error?
To: Gilad Rom <gilad@romat.com>
From: Perry E.Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: port-evbmips
Date: 11/09/2003 08:43:20
"Gilad Rom" <gilad@romat.com> writes:
> Yeah, everything besides the compiler runs fine.

Doesn't mean much -- the compiler tends to hit the machine harder than
most stuff.

> I wouldn't mind about the compiler, but cross compiling
> anything other than the NetBSD userland/kernel
> seems to generate binaries that are not interperted the right
> way by the target board (Spews out something about "(" Unexpected).

That sounds wrong. It *should* work, but...

> So, any other way you guys know of cross compiling pkgsrc tools?

That's an entirely different kettle of fish -- most pkgsrc stuff isn't
set up to cross compile. You have to manually tweak all the makefiles
etc. to make it work.

Perry

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@piermont.com