Subject: Malta-4Kc> Anything inside PIIX4 is not working.
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org, port-evbmips@netbsd.org>
From: GIRISH V. GULAWANI <girishvg@yahoo.com>
List: port-evbmips
Date: 06/17/2002 03:58:07
Hi.
I am still struggling with NetBSD on Malta board.
It is observed that any component inside PIIX4 bridge
is not accessible. It includes RTC, i8259 & IDE
controller, etc. Could anybody please help me?
The "pcn" device is not working at all for me. With
"ukphy" it hangs & without it the ethernet does not
interrupt.
Of course I am able to skip timer calibration and
proceed with polling ethernet to mount root file
system through NFS.
But the INIT fails. The reason is the YAMON console
and the system console has same device number that is
(0,0). Is this okay? Since INIT reaches here &
complains about it and stops. BTW, this init is based
on sgimips distribution, as I *still* do not have
kernel/userland snapshots for evbmips.
I must get something up & running. Any help is
welcome.
Many thanks.
Girish.