[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: WIP G1-ATA IDE HDD support
> As posted on netbsd-advocacy by Jun Ebihara,
> I wrote a (WIP) driver for Dreamcast "G1-ATA" bus IDE HDD
> and demonstrated on NetBSD booth at Open Source Conference
> and Kansai Open Source:
> Current patch for NetBSD/dreamcast 7.99.51 is here:
> There are several issue to enable it on GENERIC by default but
> I would like to commit the current files to avoid them corrupted,
> if there is major objections.
Committed into -current:
- As noted in the previous post, gdrom driver needs to be rewritten
to use MI ATA/ATAPI and it requires MI ATA/ATAPI changes
- Current dreamcast/dev/g1/gdrom.c is still incomplete.
To try and debug it, you also have to enable "gdrom at atapibus" lines
(and disable current gdrom lines) in dreamcast/conf/files.dreamcast .
- ddb(4) "trace" command of NetBSD/sh3 -current seems broken.
(it does not track addresses after vpanic())
- Current NetBSD/dreamcast GENERIC kernel seems to have some problem
around mmem(4) driver
(gets condvar(9) panic, but not easy to address it without working trace)
- Current GENERIC also have problem around aica(4), audio(4) and MI spkr(4)
(GENERIC gets panics with them, but works if they are commented out)
Main Index |
Thread Index |