Port-dreamcast archive

Running X on the Dreamcast

Hello port-dreamcast,

I'm having some trouble running X on my Dreamcast.

I've cross-built NetBSD and X (using the netbsd_7 branch) and burned
it to disk using dc-burn-netbsd. I've used the example dreamcast
xorg.conf file (http://nxr.netbsd.org/xref/src/external/mit/xorg/etc/etc.dreamcast/xorg.conf.uskbd)
and I'm able to run xinit successfully and I see the usual gray
background and "X" cursor.

Now, I can't seem to make any further progress after running xinit.
Creating an .xinitrc file with a simple program (xclock, xterm, etc)
causes the dreamcast to start X, show the default background and "X"
cursor and then it never loads the programs listed in the .xinitrc. Is
there anyone out there that has X running on the dreamcast that could
share some wisdom to get me going?

Some things worth noting:
* The total memory reported by top is only 5916k, shouldn't I have 16MB?
* I have built the kernel with the INSECURE option. (I believe this is
required for X to run)
* I am unable to use Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to quit X.
* When I running X -config /path/to/xorg.conf the "X" cursor somewhat
responds to the dreamcast mouse, when I run xinit it does not.

Any help or guidance is appreciated, thanks,
Travis Paul