Subject: Re: GDRom
To: Net BSD <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Adrian McMenamin <adrian@newgolddream.dyndns.info>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 11/06/2007 13:19:13
On Tue, November 6, 2007 12:58 pm, Peter Bortas wrote:
> On 11/4/07, Adrian McMenamin <adrian@newgolddream.dyndns.info> wrote:
>>

>> Well, the licence on the previous driver looked pretty iffy.
>
> That should probably be fixed then. Last time I saw it it was fine, bu
> that admittedly was a few years ago, so it might have changed.

I have attempted to contact "BERO" but he/she did not reply. Looks like
the code was a pretty straight port from netBSD to Linux, and there is
even a copy knocking about on the internet with a BSD type licence. but
clearly it has to be GPL to go in the kernel mainline on our side of the
house.

Obviously the code is going to look similar, in that they are Unices
working the same device, but I am trying to play nice and write the code
cleanly.

I suppose the two main things I'd ask are what is the "mount" spi command,
as it isn't actually a mount - does it have an equivalent in the ATAPI
standard and, did anybody discover any SPI commands other than the ones in
the driver.