Subject: Re: 3.0_BETA boots
To: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
From: Josh Tolbert <hemi@puresimplicity.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 10/23/2005 14:10:12
On Sun, Oct 23, 2005 at 10:11:33AM -0700, Andy Ruhl wrote:
> Just for fun, I built and booted 3.0_BETA on the dreamcast.
>
> I still have to test a patch to see if I can get it building on my
> amd64 machine, but this time I built it from a 2.0.2 i386 machine.
>
> Here's the dmesg:

[snip]

> Glad to see it still boots after all this time.

I'd be happy if I could actually get 2.something to run and not crash under
heavy load. It took six reboots to get a kernel built. It seems a lot less
stable than 1.6 was, and that's saying a lot.

Josh
--
Josh Tolbert
hemi@puresimplicity.net  ||  http://www.puresimplicity.net/~hemi/

If your sysadmin's not being fascist, you're paying him too much.
   --Sam Greenfield