Subject: Re: Kernel panic on 2.0.2...
To: Josh Tolbert <hemi@puresimplicity.net>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 06/07/2005 09:06:03
On 6/7/05, Josh Tolbert <hemi@puresimplicity.net> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>=20
> So I turned on 100BaseTX for rtk0 and it seems to work stably. Great. How=
ever,
> 2.0.2 seems to run noticably slower than 1.6L did, so I decided to rebuil=
d a
> kernel.
>=20
> After grabbing syssrc.tgz, unpacking, configuring, etc. I started buildin=
g and
> let it run. Overnight the machine crashed with this error:
>=20
> len 0x0 offset 0x3f0 mapsize 0x4010
> panic: gaps_dmamap_sync: bad length
> Stopped in pid 28075.1 (cc1) at netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x6:         mov     =
 r14, r15
>=20
> I'm sitting at a debugger prompt...Is there any more information I can
> provide?
>=20

Hey Josh.

Try to get trace output, which you will only be able to type in.

If you have a big enough swap space, you can try sync, but I'm not
sure if it will save a panic over NFS? Actually, I'm not sure if will
save a panic to a regular file which is how some of us had it set up.
I seem to remember something related to not being able to save a panic
on the dreamcast.

I haven't tried mine in a while now, I should try it. I'm trying to
build 3.0-release right now for a few boxes, maybe I'll build it for
Dreamcast as well...

Andy