Subject: Re: Stability of 2.0_RCx?
To: Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 12/13/2004 09:57:28
On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 05:07:35 +0100, Harold Gutch
<logix@foobar.franken.de> wrote:
> I completely forgot this, and just remembered it again.  So far
> this has been running for 34 hours.  I therefore guess it's
> pretty safe to say that this is not a network driver issue.
>
> My dreamcast appears to have lost it's NFS root filesystem
> shortly a few times however, according to /var/log/messages and
> the kernel message buffer.  The timestamps appear to say that
> it received replies from the NFS server again only one second
> later, however I guess that these timestamps cannot be trusted.

I just got my system up and running all built on the 2.0 release
directory. All I did was recompile the kernel to get rid of a few
things and also hardcode it to nfs boot.

I was able to unpack the base.tgz fileset just a minute ago. But not
long before that, for the heck of it, I tried to build netcat from
pkgsrc and the machine spontaneously rebooted.

But I'm trying to build it again, and it's in the install phase right now. Huh?

Also, my first nfs server was on a Cobalt Qube 2, which wasn't a good
idea. There seems to be some serious performance problem when using
these as an NFS server. Now my server is on my amd64 box.

I'm here to test anything if anyone needs. I think I'm going to build
a current kernel and see what happens in the mean time.

Andy