Subject: Re: Stability of 2.0_RCx?
To: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
From: Peter Bortas <peter@bortas.org>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 12/10/2004 18:56:54
Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com> writes:

> This is sort of a problem because the network adapter we all know
> isn't the greatest chipset ever (that realtek stuff is not top of the
> line), and since if you get an error on that adapter it can't log it
> since it needs to use the network to log the error... You get the
> picture. You tried 2 different dreamcast adapters? If so, that's
> pretty lucky that you have that many of them...

Note that using the 100Mbit mode on the BBA is pretty much guaranteed
to lock up the system sooner or later. The chipset to Dreamcast
interaction is just that bad. This is not a NetBSD artefact, it does
the same thing with all free development environments.

--
Peter Bortas                  http://peter.bortas.org