Subject: Re: Stability of 2.0_RCx?
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Dainty <matt@bodgit-n-scarper.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 12/09/2004 22:36:41
On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 19:39, Christian Groessler wrote:

> Matt, you wrote:
>
> > Not seen anything on my Jornada (hpcsh). Been building stuff
> > on it quite
> > happily over an NFS root and swap, and it appears to have been up for
> > 80-odd days so far (quite by accident :-).
>
> and Nick wrote
>
> > I've been told that the sh4 specific cache handling is suspected.
>
> So I think it should also happen on your Jornada. Can you stress test
> it a bit? Try to extract base.tgz or another big archive over nfs,
> maybe repeatedly, and see whether it reboots or crashes.

Except my Jornada is an sh3 IIRC, so if the problem really is
sh4-specific, my Jornada is probably irrelevant as a datapoint.

As for stressing it, it's unpacked and built perl, gtk+, from pkgsrc,
including all the deps in-between, so I think if it was going to fall
over it would've done by now.

Matt