Subject: Re: Stability of 2.0_RCx?
To: Christian Groessler <cpg@aladdin.de>
From: Josh Tolbert <hemi@puresimplicity.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 12/03/2004 15:54:24
On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 10:19:32PM +0100, Christian Groessler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know since when this happens, I haven't run NetBSD/dreamcast for
> some months.
>
> Now I want to update to an up-to-date 2.0RC version, but I get strange
> reboots or hangs.
>
> Today the DC simply rebooted while it was unpacking a cross-compiled
> base.tgz
> (accessed over NFS).
>
> Last week I tried to build perl-5.8 from pkgsrc, but the DC either
> stopped and was unresponsive or it rebooted w/o notice.
>
> It seems the DC port is quite broken currently, can I do something
> to help getting it fixed?
>
> rgards,
> chris

Wow...Someone posted to the list! :)

I haven't turned my Dreamcast on in more than a year. I should think about
setting things up again one of these days. I was holding out for 2.0 to be
released, but maybe it's worth testing out now.

Josh
--
Josh Tolbert
hemi@puresimplicity.net  ||  http://www.puresimplicity.net/~hemi/

If your sysadmin's not being fascist, you're paying him too much.
   --Sam Greenfield