Subject: ram and hd continued
To: None <port-dreamcast@NetBSD.org>
From: Jonathan Anthony <jonathan@jonathan.abda.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 01/19/2004 02:37:26
> Hi, I'm wondering if anyone's ever heard of a hack/mod to upgrade the ram
on
> a dreamcast, or also if anyone's ever added a hard drive to a dreamcast.

The latter is in the NetBSD/dreamcast FAQ. Yes, it's possible.

> As well, I'd love to hear if anyone's been able to run any versions of
> xwindows on their dreamcast/netbsd box. (despite the 16meg ram limitation)

X Windows is running, a snapshot is available here:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/dreamcast/snapshot/20031210/

See the mail archives for the status.

Matt
--
"Accept anything. Then explain it your way."

Thankyou very much, I'm impressed at the pages I'm seeing.  I didn't catch
though if you were answering specifically about the hard drive or if you
were answering that, "yes, it is possible to upgrade the ram"

Possible or not, if you've got any links/articles on the subject, I'd love
to read up on it.

(not the easiest discussion to find on google)

Thanks again.
Jonathan

MailServer