Subject: Re: Cheap Dreamcasts available
To: Charles M. Hannum <abuse@spamalicious.com>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 01/16/2004 10:27:53
--- "Charles M. Hannum" <abuse@spamalicious.com>
wrote:

> At least in the northeast, Gamestop and EB Games are
> selling
> Dreamcasts ridiculously cheap.  I had a friend pick
> up one for me for
> $14.  Not available at all stores, YMWV, etc.

There is only one GameStop that has anything in
Dreamcast anymore. The other stores don't carry it
anymore. EB here sold out long ago. Dreamcast won't be
carried in the major game stores for much longer, if
any still have it.

Which makes me nuts because they have Playstation
stuff everywhere and NES and SNES too, which is all
far inferior in quality. But it's not about that, it's
about popularity and Sega stuff never was mainstream.

We have used book stores that cary anything that will
sell, dreamcast included. Problem is, they are about
double the price that GameStop used to be. If you see
something you want in GameStop or one of the major
ones, get it while you can, it won't be there for
long.

Andy