Subject: alternative
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 01/12/2004 03:55:50
Hello, I used to be signed up here but lost my way.

I was wondering if it was possible to run NetBSD on here again, but this
time actually have a writable fs. My issue though, is that I don't have
a broadband adapter nor a coder cable. I am willing to go to extreme
measures to get this to work with what I have. Is it possible to use the
modem and a ppp server on another box which also hosts my NFS for the
DC? How slow it goes isn't really a factor. I realize that its a 33Kbit
modem, I just want to know if it will work, or even if the modem is
supported. Everyone seems to talk about the LAN adapter but I'm not even
thinking of paying for one.

thx,

dp