Subject: Anyone have a Playstation 2 as well as the Dreamcast?
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 12/08/2003 09:25:45
I just got a Playstation 2. And of course, I'm already
looking at how to boot NetBSD on it!

I won't bog down this place with Playstation 2
specifics, but it would be nice to hear from other
people who are playing with NetBSD on these game
consoles and what is good/bad about the PS2 vs.
Dreamcast in a NetBSD context.

One thing I see on the site is that the instructions
say to buy the Linux kit, install Linux, then use
Linux to write a NetBSD kernel to the memory card,
then install over Linux. Well... The network adapter
is right there and supported, why not netboot it? My
NFS server for the dreamcast is already set up and
waiting... I'll be looking into it. I'd rather not
have to buy the Linux kit, but I will if I must.

Andy