Subject: Re: NetBSD cross compile from OSX
To: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 11/21/2003 11:18:50
On Nov 21, 2003, at 11:00 AM, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

> Justin Wojdacki <jwojdacki@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there any sort of FAQ or similar for cross compiling NetBSD on
>> OSX?  I'd love to do some experimentation with NetBSD on my
>> Dreamcast, but HFS+ kinda gets in the way.
>
> You need the sources on the UFS or mount them via NFS.  Try to make
> the mount point path name as short as possible.  E.g. /nb/src will
> work, /export/netbsd/cvs/src - will exceed MAX_ARG limit (that OSX and
> FreeBSD have at 64K).

Actually, with panther (10.3) you can create a case sensitive HFS+.
(see the -s option to newfs_hfs)

BTW, /Volumes/Stuff/NetBSD/src worked for me doing a build on OSX.
--
Matt Thomas                     email: matt@3am-software.com
3am Software Foundry              www: http://3am-software.com/bio/matt/