Subject: Re: New attempt at building a NetBSD Dreamcast kernel
To: None <drwho8@worldnet.att.net>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 09/27/2003 12:40:10
In article <003701c384a5$0e4e7940$0100a8c0@who5>
drwho8@worldnet.att.net wrote:

> I confess I am still confused. Inside the /usr/src directory for the entire
> kernel source code, I type, "#./build.sh -h", and instead of a help message
> it gives me an error message, about being run from the toplevel source
> directory.

Well, I'd suggest it's better to post error messages you got _exactly_
in these case.

If it was "build.sh must be run from the top source level",
maybe you don't have usr.bin/make directory under your /usr/src.
(see around line 75 in build.sh rev 1.117)

> Basically I all need, or want to do, is to be able to build the kernel, and
> before that the tools for building the kernel.

The source dirs for the tools are in various place,
so the simple way is to extract entire sources.

> Also, how much disk space is needed for all of this.

With a quick glance, it's about 600~700M bytes for -current.
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp