Subject: Re: AICA audio driver
To: None <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@mc.pp.se>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 08/24/2003 19:29:51
Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net> writes:

> You can get ftp.augustsson.net:/pub/netbsd/soundkit.tgz (use active ftp).
> It tests various aspects of the NetBSD sound driver.  It requires you
> to listen to make sure it all works, of coursee. :)

I have now run these tests, and found the following problems:

* 8 bit unsigned mode sounds distorted, probably played as signed.

* all 8 bit modes have incorrect timing, only half the buffer is
  played before the next buffer starts playing.

What I'm going to do now is that I'm going to commit the patch anyway,
so as to avoid having to work with patches of patches.  After all, 16
bit mode works fine, and there doesn't seem to be any system
instabaility caused by 8 bit modes, just incorrect playback.

Therefore, I'd appreciate any fix for the 8 bit modes in the form of a
patch against the version in CVS.

Thank you.

  // Marcus