Subject: Re: GCC 3.3 toolchain (native build!)
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@mc.pp.se>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 06/11/2003 14:25:33
Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com> writes:

> Sweet, gcc 3.3 bootstrapped -- glad to hear that... I haven't been
> able to play with GCC on SH much lately (though I need to pay
> attention to the NetBSD/sh5 configuration some).

Yeah, the only manual intervention I had to do was to cross-compile a
couple of files during stage1 since the gcc 2.95.3 included with
NetBSD 1.6.1 was too broken to generate working code for them.  :-)

Next time I'll probably go for the --disable-multilib option; half the
build time went into compiling six copies of libstdc++...  :-/

> Are you planning on fixing dynamic linking for the SH3 port?

Yup, that's the plan.  Should be less work now than the last time I
did it...  :-)

  // Marcus