Subject: Re: DC BBA Problems (Was: Anyone alive out there?)
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Zachary McGrew <zmcgrew@yahoo.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 05/23/2003 14:12:15
I'm sorry, I didn't explain that well enough. dc1 is
the nic on the router itself, not the bba. My network
consists of:

|Cable modem| -Straight through> |dc0 COMPUTER dc1|
-Straight through> |Switch| -Straight through> (The
rest of the LAN, including the DC)

It's not directly connected to the dc1 of the router,
so it doesn't need to be a crossover

--- Andy Michaels <lego1974@optonline.net> wrote:
> Hmmm, dc1?  When you say BBA, are you really talking
> about the LAN
> adapter?  my BBA has a realtek chipset and is rtk0.
> Or maybe you're
> talking about the interface on the other machine?
> Anyway, not sure what
> the problem is.  I actually never used the web
> browser :)  when the DC is
> on my network, it's on a switch, otherwise, I
> *believe* it would need a
> Crossover cable to be on your network.  Someone
> please flame me if I'm way
> off here.
>
> Andy
>
> On Fri, 23 May 2003, Zachary McGrew wrote:
>
> > I'd like to think I'm still alive. =)
> > But school seems to have sucked most of the life
> out
> > of me. Oh well, graduation is soon, and then it's
> > DigiPen here I come!
> >
> > Oh, and instead of posting twice, I discovered
> > something wierd with the DC.
> >
> > The BBA w/ the web browser 3.0 doesn't like to be
> > plugged into my network, but it likes to be
> plugged
> > directly into the cable modem itself. Any ideas
> what
> > could be causing this?
> > When I tcpdump on the interface it should be going
> > (dc1) I can see where it recieves/sends the ARPs,
> and
> > DHCP info (I've tried both ways), but it never can
> > connect. The rest of the systems on my LAN route
> fine
> > through it. Any ideas?
> >

> > =====
> > ---