Subject: Re: GCC 3.2 (slightly ot)
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Pat Wendorf <mlist@beholder.homeunix.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 03/20/2003 00:08:39
Appologies, I don't follow gcc development.  Did they just forget to add it
in?  Or, has the 3.x branch not had support since the begining?

I was looking at the 3.3 release notes, and I'm a bit confused.  Why does the
compiler need to have support for OS targets?  I thought ELF was generic to
the CPU, and the OS loaded the binary and executed based on the instructions
generated for the CPU target?

- Pat