Subject: Re: Packages
To: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
From: Josh Tolbert <hemi@just.puresimplicity.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 01/31/2003 18:18:56
On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 02:32:47PM -0800, Andy R wrote:
> --- Alex Kirk <alex@schnarff.com> wrote:
> > That's for damn sure. The build of /usr/pkgsrc/net I
> > started this afternoon
> > froze my system somewhere along the way (I caught
> > what it froze at, but
> > couldn't tell which package I was working on...need
> > to go through and see
> > which is the first package that isn't built), and I
> > bet that won't be the
> > last time. Still, it's a worthy effort, especially
> > if someone from the
> > NetBSD team lets us know how to upload compiled
> > packages. Anyone here know
> > about that?
>
> Should this just be a bulk build that keeps failing on
> different things, or should there be some decision
> made as to where we should start? Maybe with the
> popular packages or something? Maybe another port
> could make some suggestions?
>
> Andy

Hey guys,

	I've noticed a problem in anything that tries to use the
POSIX threads port. Try building irssi and you'll see what I mean.
It reboots my Dreamcast every time.

	Has anyone considered cross-compiling the ports on a faster
machine and testing them out on the Dreamcast? I haven't tried
cross-compiling anything but the base system, but it might be worth
a shot.

	I'd be happy to help in a port compile effort. My Dreamcast
isn't doing anything but sitting here anyway...I'm not doing much
either. I'm just kind of sitting here. I can't DO much, either...More
eye surgery fun. :(

	I just want to get X working on the buzzard. :)

Thanks,
Josh