Subject: Stuck with netcat?
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 01/06/2003 20:54:18
(This all refers to Josh's directions he posted)

Ok, I knew it was going to happen at some point....

My dreamcast is sitting there with an orange screen
like this:
IP 0.0.0.0
Listening to port 4711.

On my NFS server: I've unpacked the new world, I've
installed netcat and edited the scripts (dreamcast.sh,
dreamcast-upload.sh), I've run dreamcast.sh, and I get
this:
arp: writing to routing socket: File exists
Dreamcast kernel watcher started.

But nothing gets sent to the dreamcast apparently. I
think this arp message shouldn't be issued?

Maybe I'm missing something fundamental?

The dreamcast is waiting for someone to send it a
program. I believe I've started the script that is
supposed to be sending a kernel to the dreamcast
(dreamcast.sh). This seems to do nothing.

In step 3e, it says to put dreamcast.sh in the
dreamcast's /etc/rc.d. That seems like a chicken and
egg problem to me, right? Don't these scripts go in
the NFS server's /etc/rc.d and /usr/pkg/bin
directories?

I'll try again tomorrow...

Andy