Subject: Update time!
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Josh Tolbert <hemi@scoundrelz.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 01/06/2003 00:11:21
Hey folks,
	It's been quite a while since I have played with my Dreamcast, so
I dusted it off and installed the old stuff I had built. Seeing how the
old system worked, I realized it would probably be a wise idea to
incorporate some of the suggestions others had made to the swap method,
config setup and the like, so I decided to re-cross-compile the whole
shebang from scratch. Since a lot changed (especially in the way of kernel
configuration), I decided to write new docs on the whole deal, too...So,
without further ado, I present

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~hemi/dreamcast/

	I decided to not even bother releasing files to support burning a
kernel on CD, since Marcus' IP Upload Slave method works so well. No CD-Rs
were harmed during this experiment; I used my old IP Upload Slave CD-R.

	Other changes include using a file (/.swap) for swap instead of a
file mounted from another NFS share, a truly cross-compiled world instead
of a hacked half-broken world and files pirated from another machine and
better documentation.

	In the next few days I'm going to stick up some
differently-configured kernels (and their config files) so others can have
a place to start from if they decide to build their own kernels.

	puresimplicity.net is a box completely under my control; I moved
the stuff there so I could keep track of how much bandwidth the machine is
using and the like.

	If you have any suggestions or comments, please let me know.

Thanks,
Josh