Subject: Re: CDRECORD w/ out SCSI
To: Michael Robinson <sales@c-comp.com>
From: ePAc <epac@korigan.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 12/19/2002 19:06:04
you do not need to be root, the user you are usign need Admin on the box i
believe.

to respond to all your question:

to install cygwin - use winzip, it'll open it, and stick it in a folder.
(like cygwin\cdrecord\ or something like that)

you will need to find the adaptec patch to ASPI to load the proper drivers
to talk to your IDE CDR device.

once you hvae that set, you will be able to run cdrecord -scanbus and get
proper output with the 3 digit on the left:

x,x,x) "blhablhab" 'xxxx' removable cdrom

or something like that

to burn, use

cdrecord dev=x,x,x speed=y blhablahblakdjfljsdf

where x,x,x is taken from the output of -scanbus
y is the speed at which you want to burn
bladhsdfh is the command line params you need to burn
(depending on what you are trying to do, those changes, but they are
obvious if you follow some docs like Marcus's webpage that has everything
and more for CDR burning...)

Jok