Subject: Failure to boot CDR on Dec. 2000 DC
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@attbi.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 12/09/2002 18:46:30
Folks:
	I did the silly thing and snapped on a cheap DC off eBay before
	reading the FAQ on the subject of CDR booting and find myself in
	possesion of a December, 2000 system which indeed will not boot
	any CDR I toss at it... I've even tried a bunch of the recipes I
	found on the 'net which all claim to make bootable CDRs for the
	newer non-MIL-compliant systems and have produced a few coasters
	as a result -- not one of the recipes produced a CDR that my DC
	would boot.

	Anyway, I thought I'd pass this on to the list in case the next
	guy reads the archives before getting a DC; I also thought I'd
	see if anyone has had success on a newer (heh!) DC system and
	can share their experience if it was succesful...

	I've set reply-to back to myself since I'm not on the list, but
	I'll summarize if I learn anything interesting...

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@attbi.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill