Subject: Use for my NetBSD/Dreamcast
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Alex Kirk <alex@schnarff.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 11/07/2002 04:52:29
So, in a positive twist for all those who want to prove that
NetBSD/Dreamcast isn't a waste of time, I've got a serious application going
on mine: I'm running a Mixmaster anonymous remailer, with Qmail as my MTA.

In doing so, I'm finding that the Dreamcast port, while fairly complete, has
some interesting issues. First off, props to whoever made sure NTP came with
the system; it's quite handy to be able to have my system clock synched when
running a public server.

On to the issues: gmake is broken. I can't even call it from the command
line with no options without it core dumping. Also, portmap doesn't appear
to be installed, which means that using cfs is just about impossible.

I think I might be able to figure out how to get portmap running on my
system, and because of its use with cfs, I'd recommend putting it into the
base install for the Dreamcast port. As for gmake...I don't know that I'd be
able to diagnose that. Anyone here think they can?

Alex Kirk