Subject: Re: Kernel Thoughts
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Alex Kirk <alex@schnarff.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 09/24/2002 16:55:17
> Kernels with kloader support can load a new kernel to boot
> from any filesystem. It is port specific feature and
> originally implemented for hpc* ports, but works on dreamcast
> with patch in my previous post.

First, thanks for the pointer on MEMORY_DISK. Eliminating that from the
kernel shrank it by over 50%.

As for your kloader patch, I assume you're talking about your post of 9/21.
At the risk of revealing the extent of my cluelessness, I need to ask for
some help using it.

Using 1.6-release sources, I pulled out the text below the two diff lines in
your post and patched (patch oldfile < patch.diff) appropriately. Both
patches succeeded. However, when I attempted to compile, I got an error
message about machine/kloader.h not existing.

I just checked -current on CVSWeb, and while I may not know exactly what I'm
looking for, I saw no trace of kloader.h.

What exactly do I need to do to get up to speed?

Thanks,
Alex Kirk