Subject: Re: Cross Compiling from Cygwin
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher John Thomas <christopher.thomas@rogers.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 09/24/2002 00:58:38
On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Zachary McGrew wrote:

> If Cygwin's out, then what about a Debain (GNU/Linux
> if you want to get "technical"), or an OpenBSD box?
>
> I know how to set up gcc for cross compiling, I'm just
> wandering about binary compatibility.

  My understanding is that binary compatibility shouldn't be a problem (as
NetBSD/Dreamcast switched to ELF, I think?).

  Putting together the filesystem under Linux is a PITA, though. I tried
_once_. The user table was different enough to cause much pain and horror
with the device-generating script, among other things.

  OpenBSD should be much, much easier, to my limited understanding.

Regards,
				-Christopher Thomas