Subject: Re: LAN Adapter driver
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 09/24/2002 00:34:42
In article <200209231427.QAA22353@panther.aladdin.de>
cpg@aladdin.de wrote:

> now since 1.6 is released and people have more time (hopefully), would
> someone with proper rights and skills look into PR 17493 ?

I guess the problem is that there is no developer who has
the LAN adapter.

Anyway, I have some requests/questions for your patch:

- The device name should be "mbe" that is defined in sys/conf/files,
  rather than "lana", and lan_adapter.c should be renamed as
  if_mbe_g2.c and so. (see sys/dev/pcmcia/if_mbe_pcmcia.c)
- It should have its own all bus_space functions rather than
  overriding functions in g2bus_bus_mem.c.
  (Does it require G2_LOCK/G2_UNLOCK?)
- Some magic numbers should be nuked (if possible):
> 	if (((bus_space_read_1(iot, ioh, 7) >> 6) & 3) != 2) {
- lan_adapter.c has "Initialize ASIC" code (seems pulled from if_fmv.c),
  but is it really required?
- It also includes dev/ic/ate_subr.c, but is it needed?
  (Maybe we need to cleanup register configuration of mbe vs fmv.)
- I don't know about sysasic, but SYSASIC_EVENT_8BIT is really needed?
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp