Subject: Serial port for debugging purposes
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Gregg C Levine <drwho8@worldnet.att.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 09/09/2002 00:34:13
Hello from Gregg C Levine
Something interesting occurred to me today. (Well, yesterday.) Can the
kernel be configured so as to make the serial port an output for the kernel
debugger? And how would that feature be enabled? Of course for me this is a
hypothetical question, since I have not even considered how to cross compile
anything for the Dreamcast here, at the moment. But I am working on a few
solutions for one of the relatives of NetBSD.
I ask that question because some embedded devices do not even have a
keyboard, or even a monitor, and since NetBSD does run on some of them, it
makes sense to me, at least to have that feature working, even though we do
have a display, and keyboard attached to the Dreamcast.
Gregg C Levine drwho8@worldnet.att.net
"Oh my!" The Second Doctor's nearly favorite phrase.