Subject: Re: NFS problems with LAN adapter
To: Christian Groessler <cpg@aladdin.de>
From: Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 09/03/2002 00:20:06
On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 11:54:51PM +0200, Harold Gutch wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 11:04:54PM +0200, Christian Groessler wrote:
> > What is your kernel config? I also tried with GENERIC with the
> > following line added:
> > lana0           at g2bus?
>
> I'm using exactly the DREAMS.LANA configfile you attached to PR
> PR 17493.  I now also tried it with "lana0 at g2bus?" (I had to
> modify files.dreamcast slightly for that to work).
>
> As you're mentioning GENERIC - I applied your patches in PR 17493
> (and the ones in PR 17193) before compiling kernel and userland.
> Was that wrong, is the LAN adapter supported in the plain kernel
> nowadays?

As for a slight follow-up to this - I added the two lines saying
"lana0" from DREAMS.LANA to GENERIC.  That kernel works just
fine!

That still leaves me with two questions:

1) Are your patches in PR 17493 and the ones in PR 17193 needed
   at all in order to use the LAN adapter?

2) There's something fishy in DREAMS.LANA.  I'll try to track
   down the exact option causing the problem over the next few
   days.

Thanks to everybody offering me any help in whatsoever way with
this!

bye,
  Harold